Sunday, July 22, 2007

Kikaida, Hakaida

I suppose I'll never forget that Halloween night in the mid-1980s, when I lost my beloved Kikaida action figure (another way to avoid using the word doll). Just goes to show that college life and common sense don't necessarily go hand in hand. I lost my Kikaida action figure on one of our "walking tours" of Waikiki that night. Thousands of people just roaming the streets in all kinds of Halloween outfits. I was the guy with Kikaida hanging around his neck. What a dumb idea.

Anyway, I've read that Max Toy Co. is making a Kikaida action figure.

Kikaida

Max Toy Co. (Japan) $39.99

Then there are the Biliken robot toys made in the 1990s. Wind them up and they swing their arms. A bit poofy looking, but the intense Kikaida memorabilia fan will need these.

Kikaida

Biliken $390

Hakaida

Biliken $325

Then there are the more modern interpretations of Kikaida. Some fans like it. Some fans hate it. Here's a rarity: Side Machine & Kikaider. These photos are from Kevin Comer's site, Plamo-Warrior DX: Super Imaginative Chogokin. This is not for sale, at least not at the Plamo-Warrior DX site. Strictly a collectible.

No comments: